View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 06:50 AM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by orvil View Post
I completed the survey. I was disturbed by the questions about stock and stock options.

If you were on the property prior to 2000, you have already had your fill of stock options. Put it in my paycheck. I'm still papering the wall with stock options from a bankrupt company.

I feel the same way about profit sharing. No need to negotiate any changes to profit sharing. It's no risk to the Company. It's all risk to the employee. The Company only pays out if there is a profit. The employee doesn't get diddly squat if there isn't a profit.

I'm not quite sure where all the angst is with the profit sharing discussion. Some of you think you are important to the Company. You are not. You are a cost, an employee number. Profit sharing does not change how I safely conduct my business day. It shouldn't change how you conduct business either. I rarely agree with Sailingfun on anything. But, I have to concede his arguments about profit sharing.

Let's concentrate on better work rules, better insurance, better retirement, and working less. Profit sharing just isn't that important.
I have those same worthless stock options you are talking about. I remember them touting the Black Scholes model and how DAL stock was on the way up, yada yada yada... but we now know that the B/S (interesting contraction I see now that I write it) was flawed. But..... and I am not necessarily advocating it... if we got options placed into a trading account that were immediately tradeable, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat.