View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 05:21 AM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by scambo1 View Post
Yes, I am saying they should not be deadheading pilots to cover oob trips. Those should be covered by in base pilots. Broken rotations and Reroutes should have a financial remedy.

Clem(p)son had a nice showing too. It would have been nice if the other team showed up tho.
I would rather have a bigger pay increase than incur the loss of W2 that the overstaffing you advocate would probably cause. I get it... but I think it would take a ton of guys, or a cap (number) that I personally wouldn't like, or a loss of some other benefit. I cannot see how we could get this kind of manning without another huge concession.

Edit: In a later post, PG said something about how these trips affect the manning formula. The only Manning formula I believe exists is one on how to win football games. (OK... PM haters gonna hate, so go ahead and throw out the comments about not winning THE game) I have yet to see any affect on the number of pilots due to shortages or overages within any reasonable amount of time. I think it is merely for show because the airline evolves continuously, and as the category morphs naturally, so does the number of pilots. I think this has little to do with any formula triggers.