View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 11:05 AM
lmerani
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2014
Post FAA instruction in Canada

Hello this is my first post here. I feel someone who is versed in Canadian ops would be able to answer this better, but all replies are welcome!

I am a FAA CFI who has worked in the USA as a flight instructor. Currently, I am working for a company in Canada who I do a little bit of for within the USA. I usually fly SR-22's. I have been asked by company personal about providing flight training while we go on our business trips to the USA. I know that I can provide flight training within the USA only in US registered aircraft and I have been working with AFSP to set things up. However, my question is what are the possibilities of conducting flight training in Canada (Departing and Arriving at canadian airports) under a FAA license in a USA registered aircraft to a Canadian student for the purpose of getting their USA private and instrument certificates? I have talked to the FAA and they don't have an issue with it, however, I have not been able to reach Canadian authorities on this subject and they fail to return my calls. This is my first attempt at providing instruction as an individual CFI. Does anyone know what the implications are with Canada here and what I need to do or where to look to find out if this is legal in Canada? Is this even possible?
I also have my Canadian CPL and IFR and wondering what are the possibilities of giving instruction in an C-registered aircraft within Canada? I am pretty sure I know the answer since I don't have my Canadian flight instructor licenses. But doesn't hurt to ask.

Last edited by lmerani; 09-10-2014 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Add a question