View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 03:18 PM
wetpish
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2012

Originally Posted by White Cap View Post
The last time there was preferential interviewing for 1224 members over at Atlas, the agreement between the company and the EXCO was to interview the most senior guys that were on their respective properties. This was not buddies at the top helping each other out, but rather Atlas having pressure from the FAA to bring in more experienced 767 guys to the program. I will assume the pressure is greater now, due to some recent internal issues. Of course, I will blame the "Teamsters" for all of this. The Taft-Hartly Act of 1947 disallows a "closed" shop. Atlas, and everyone else for that matter, can hire whomever they please, provided that the person agrees to be represented by the IBT. The fact that the Atlas EXCO came to an agreement with the company to give preferential interviews to 1224 members should be applauded. But then again, I will blame the "Teamsters", because quite frankly it is easier than getting the facts.
I dont have a problem with Atlas screening their applicants. I think it is a violation of fair representation for the ABX EXCO to be acting as a pre-screener.