Thread: Nic ...
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 06:49 PM
flybywire44
Flies With The Hat On

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: Right of the Left Seat

Originally Posted by SewerPipeDvr View Post
So how did I do on my predictions? I believe I said APA would become the BA. Correct there no vote. I said the DC lawsuit was a legal strategy (fancy term for bargaining chip or leverage). I heard they dropped it. Correct there. I said APA would not let USAPA on property. Wrong, but they are severely limited to MC work ONLY, so partial credit there. Lastly, I said APA would allow the West a seat. They did in a round about way. What APA really managed was to shift liability off of themselves from both East or West. Who are you going to sue if either side does not like the results? Not APA, they did not make the decision. I would not have thought USAPA would agree to that. I am sure it was under threat of APA giving the West a seat in MB after they became BA. APA has managed to keep the East/West fight off the property, as I noted they wanted (per several friends with direct knowledge). Right again. Not bad for someone who does not know anything about the law.
My predictions for what is coming up next. I don't think the West will get NIC. This is not for "punishing" the East. What the East did was legal. As was the West keeping the East on regional wages for years. I suspect the West will get a seat, especially in light of the recent DJ that the East filed IN STATE COURT. That is a flag this is to delay the West from getting that money to use for MB. It will get kicked for jurisdiction to Federal Court causing more delay. I suspect the West to file in Federal Court to block or freeze to keep the East from using that money. In my opinion, USAPA made a big mistake. As a part of the MOU, they should have insisted the only monies to be used for MB is the money provided by the company. APA is much bigger and RICHER. They can outspend USAPA or the West three to one. Money wins. Finally, MB outcome. Key is to study the RECENT work of the arbitrators. It will come down much like UAL/CAL. Call it 2/3s of APA will be happy. 1/4 of USAPA will be happy. The rest not so happy. Fences for APAs WB aircraft. I do NOT think the arbitrators will fence the West from USAir WBs. That will be the "little jab" to USAPA. I also think the company might make the APA happy by moving native AA metal onto your routes, and retiring/ selling off the small number of WBs you currently have. Course, I might be all wrong. Just have to wait and see.

Great post SewerPipeDvr, I'm impressed that you have integrity to look back and own your content in such a forward manor.

Impressive.

Last edited by flybywire44; 09-19-2014 at 07:03 PM.