View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 10:10 PM
kwri10s
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
Holy crap Francis ......it was a joke. The purpose of those is a chuckle, laugh or smile. Or maybe to just lighten up the mood.
Not to jump on you, but the time to "lighten the mood" was 18 months ago. Now is the time to be Pi$$ed off. It's not funny, not humorous. I'm taking all day Tues to commute to Mem and back, missing kids practices, etc all to show how disappointed I am in the process. I'm glad you'll be standing there also. Thanks!! But I'm tired of guys glossing over or ignoring the other pilots around them that are not showing their support. Being buddy, buddy with guys that look like non-members or are on the latest "screwed me with extra flying" list.

If you (generic you not you specifically) are not willing to publicly support the other crew members by showing them you support them, then I have to assume you are not supporting ME and my need for a new contract.

Your tongue in cheek comments incited my response to all the whining from crew members about stepping up. It's time for the Captains to stand up and make it happen. As an FO every captain I see without his lanyard, I feel he is just letting me know he could give a flying ## whether I get a good contract or not. He's got his, screw me. Maybe that's not their intent, but that's the appearance. Captains should be calling out other Captains in public. Carry around extra lanyards to hand out to your buds. It's a small price to pay.

The big price has been all the draft calls that don't seem to be fitting into my schedule. Let's get it done! Yes, PANT, WHITE SHIRT, and TIE are required every time you show up to work. But the little, stupid lanyard is not. It's the smallest possible thing a person can do to show support. But if folks (not you) can't do the smallest, how are we going to get them there on Tues. Or the next one. "Here's my pin" does not cut it right now. "I don't like things around my neck", doesn't float. "I must show everyone I fly the 777", is just sad.

Be just as fired up the next time you see a pilot without one around their neck and ask them where it is. Preferably, ask them on the crew bus with other pilots around. Time to get the slackers into line.

They better have a blower for the Rat.