Thread: Nic ...
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 10:37 AM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by cactiboss View Post
Again, those airplanes will be fenced, the only group IV airplanes the west would be able to bid into for a number of years would the aircraft usairways brings, no American positions would be touched. I am glad you bring up pay and total compensation as a factor. Every group 2 phx pilot has out earned and had vastly better benefits than the east pilots flying the same aircraft, should the arbitrators take that in consideration guess what they end up with?
Well, you're bolder then me to say what WILL happen (if that's what you're saying). I only state what I THINK will happen. I'm sure the West (if granted their own committee) will make whatever arguments they feel necessary to get consideration of the Nic. As for the pay issues I bring up, I did include consideration of what East pilots made prior to merge and what they expected to make based on a pre-merger CBA that for all intents and purposes had plenty of life left in it at their own peril. The financial compensation considerations of those pre-merger "jobs" is just as relevant to the East as to the West.

Clearly, the arbitrators will have 3 significantly different integration positions to wade through.