Thread: Nic ...
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 10:56 AM
cactiboss
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
Well, you're bolder then me to say what WILL happen (if that's what you're saying). I only state what I THINK will happen. I'm sure the West (if granted their own committee) will make whatever arguments they feel necessary to get consideration of the Nic. As for the pay issues I bring up, I did include consideration of what East pilots made prior to merge and what they expected to make based on a pre-merger CBA that for all intents and purposes had plenty of life left in it at their own peril. The financial compensation considerations of those pre-merger "jobs" is just as relevant to the East as to the West.

Clearly, the arbitrators will have 3 significantly different integration positions to wade through.
Well first we have to get a seat, but I am not saying anything is guaranteed. I think the west has a sound argument to make for the Nic and the guy making that argument is the best in the busisness. I just think you are off base on the reason they wouldn't use the Nic being american pilot career expectations, in other words they punish west pilots careers for what the east has done.