View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 07:36 PM
Whaledriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: Left Seat

Originally Posted by FR8Dog7 View Post
Target 2016
CA Kevin McCabe In my opinion Kevin is burned out. His “What are you willing to give up” has been heard way too often.

I would agree to a point, but having spoken to him recently, he has learned that he can not be near the hands on kinda guy he has been.

It's been a VERY long time since you heard him say it, but others are happy to repeat it at every opportunity. Interesting, the two times I heard Kevin say it, was when people wanted things from the company prior to sec 6 negotiations. No matter what you believe, you never get something for nothing, hence, what are you willing to not get to get something else. If we were to approach the company and ask for anything, their first question would be ....well you know. He was simply telling them what they don't want to hear.

Even if we have leverage, WE have to decide how to spend it wisely. We do not want to ask for things that the company can neutralize. Example, trip/line protection. I know this is a hot item for some but, if the company wants to, they can just make most the trips equal to CRT, completely negated what we gave leverage for. Increase in guarantee, again, they will just keep us out until CRT equals guarantee. These are just examples. We need to think a step ahead, just like when we're flying.

Bottom line, I think Kevin has learned a lot.