View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 03:42 PM
ATCsaidDoWhat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: What day is it?

Originally Posted by thesandbox View Post
I know those were incorrect statements as I was being a bit sarcastic just to show how other statements are just as incorrect. I am here because I love this type of flying and my other carrier had owners who funneled hundreds of millions of dollars through various entities when it was a known fact that during the economic downturn we were the most profitable airline in the U.S. They decided they were done as they were starting to get caught with some of thier schemes and decided they wanted out. They filed bankruptcy papers to the tune of only around $57 million I believe with revenues of $300-400 million and the creditors attorneys have discovered they may have taken out will over $100 million in the last year alone. Greed of a few can, and will destroy that which is good for many. Oh....and I loved being based in the UK for the summers when I chose as we also had a great reciprocal agreements getting to fly for some European carriers and me and my wife enjoyed living for free in Glasgow for the UK holiday season but STN...yeah....wouldn't be my first choice, especially trying to commute...wow, what a bummer. We could go back and forth but I think you're mostly preaching to the choir here. Again my two real biggest gripes are that 17 days away a month is a couple too many and that our credit system is lacking, and maybe the $3.45/hr international per diem we had. Cheers
The STN comment has nothing to do with the airport. Ask some senior folks about AACS and how it could impact everyone...again.