View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 09:22 PM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by jungle View Post

So, you don't know the history of the RLA?

What this really means is it goes into mediation eventually, forget the union and pilots, the .gov will decide your fate.

If you were clever you might know this, or you could keep believing in "leverage". Ain't no such thing in this case.

You are at the mercy of .gov for rules and contract settlement, the union is just a business to harvest the money between the start and end of negotiations. Enjoy.

Railroad Labor Board - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I tell ya, jungle, you've really fallen off the deep end this time. Are those mushrooms you're snackin' on?

The Railway Labor Board was abolished a long, long time ago, back when the Railway Labor Act was passed establishing the National Mediation Board. According to the link you posted, that happened in 1926. Now, don't tell us you were around back then, and you just haven't broken your habit of calling them the RLB.

Again, you've asserted that the union is makin' hay between the start and end of negotiations. I've tried being diplomatic and asking you to back up your claims, but you haven't, and I'm left with only one conclusion. You're full of it.

ALPA dues do not rise or fall with negotiations, but expenditures climb significantly. Negotiations are not profitable for ALPA. Contracts with significant increases in compensation are profitable to ALPA, because they get a cut of those increases.

Understand? You're makin' yourself look pretty dumb.