Thread: Xojet
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 01:58 PM
ak68W
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Do you lack turbine time or something? Not to stir the pot but why are you dying for XO specifically?

No turbine PIC to really speak of, only about 200 SIC on a CJ. We alternate legs so I do a lot of actual flying but cant log it PIC. I know a few guys have got calls with 0 TPIC but I could understand the logic in hiring a guy with 1200 SIC due to the experience in a crew environment.

I Mostly like the Schedule, and think it would be a good fit for me. Also the fact that you can live anywhere pretty much and its still a good job and a decent paying one at that is a plus. Im not too up and up on the frax industry but XO appears to be one of the better companies out there (yes i know its 135) and I think the opportunity for long haul stuff seems that it would mean getting to fly into new and more interesting places sometimes. No I wouldn't be dead set on XO but I don't see anyone else with these similar attributes hiring much right now, however I could be wrong.

Another thing is that its hard for a non collegiate imbecile such as myself, to find a job that pays close to 100k in the aviation industry short of corporate gig (which would most likely require moving) on super mid size jet.

.......Pot not stirred no worries!

J3-

I totally agree! Remaining calm when there's something I want has never been one of my strong points. I have to remember there may be a reason its not be and all will be good regardless....Curse of the one minded ambitious among us Hope all goes well on the interview and again let us know how it goes!