Gets Weekends Off
oldmako
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2009
  • Position
    The GF of FUPM
I suppose you've read Flying the Line? And Hard Landings? There's a lot of unpleasant history at the combined airline, and throughout our profession. It behooves us all to understand what shenanigans management has used in the past to eviscerate our contracts and negate previous gains. Adjusted for inflation, we probably earn half of our predecessors and most of us are without a pension. There are three bankruptcies between us remember? Its a multi billion dollar operation and yet, they still want more. Good luck expensing that roll and make sure you get that Doctors note for your sick call. That's all I want to emphasize. Oh, and be sure and monitor your PAY for inaccuracies.

Allow me to emphasize, in spite of the vitriol I have toward the Robber Barons, I never said you don't have to smile. I typically have a great time with my fellow pilots. It can still be a decent job. Perhaps with the help of you FNG's we can recoup some of the bounty stolen and make it an even better one.

Sorry to rain on the thread. Congrats to all, especially you long time commuter pukes! You've earned it.