View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 11:04 AM
SONORA PASS
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: Left - Dodge Caravan

Originally Posted by 130drvr View Post
I will enjoy it for the next quarter century. All about perspective. Years of military deployments, living in tents, getting anthrax and small pox shots…....
130 Driver,

Ah the irony… you have to really step back and see the big picture.

You are correct in saying it is "all about perspective."

There are no shortage of extremely talented young men and women today competing for those few coveted military pilots slots. How could someone lucky enough to become a military flyer then just walk away? To have the thrill of some of the most challenging flying anywhere, and then to reduce the experience to years of deployments, living in tents, and getting nasty shots?

It is all about perspective.

Originally Posted by 130drvr View Post
This place will never get bad enough to wipe the smile off my face.
That is what everyone said in the military when they finished the RTU/RAG.
Yet most later left the service voluntarily.

To state this place will never get bad enough to wipe a smile off, is to assume that things will continue on their present positive trend. That is a very big assumption.

It is rather naive and certainly in port taste to make this statement to a group of UAL pilots that endured bankruptcy, loss of ESOP shares, termination of pensions, back to back furloughs, being drug into fight the company in court, and then endure a very bitter ISL process. The pilots who have been here for all of this have a perspective that comes from personal experience.

Yes, it is all about perspective.

Welcome to UAL.
I truly hope your experience will remain a great one!

All the best!
SP