View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 12:03 PM
flyguy81
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006

Originally Posted by Saabless View Post
I would take the quicker upgrade on the Dash. More TPIC time will help get you in quicker at a major. In 1999 AA had so many apps (over 13k like they do now). Because they had so many apps, they said everyone had to have at least 500 turbine pic hours. I only had 487 and was sitting right seat at a regional. So you never know what the majors will do since they all have so many apps in. I eventually got on with AA, but it cost me several years of seniority etc. I don't see a shortage of qualified applicants at majors for another decade. Those with more PIC time will look better on paper. Good luck!
Yeah ok. I've got over 6000 TPIC and there's guys getting hired at legacies with 10% PIC what I have. There's seemingly no rhyme or reason as to why someone gets a call over someone else.

Pick a regional based on who has a base where you live/close to it. Pay at regionals sucks. Everyone is pretty much within a buck or two of each other. Go for QOL and you'll be much less miserable than if you chase an upgrade time that changes like the wind.