View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 02:15 PM
flybynuts
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by Galaxy5 View Post
Question regarding this item on the United Addendum on AirlineApps:

** ANSWER THIS QUESTION HONESTLY, WHETHER OR NOT YOU BELIEVE YOU PRESENTLY SHOW A CONVICTION ON YOUR CRIMINAL RECORD AND WHETHER OR NOT YOUR LAWYER TOLD YOU SOMETHING WOULD NOT COUNT.
16. Have you:
A) Ever been convicted or is there now pending against you a misdemeanor or felony (civil or military charge);
B) Received deferred adjudication (even if your case was later dismissed);
C) Been part of any sort of diversion program in lieu of a conviction (even if your case was later dismissed);
OR
D) Paid a fine/ performed community service/ served any jail time?

In Sep '04 at the Air Force Academy and the ripe age of 19, I got picked up by Air Force cops on the base there for underage drinking. This resulted in a Letter of Reprimand (Non-Judicial Punishment) and Unfavorable Information File. The UIF closes out 2 years after the incident and is, therefore, nowhere on my record. So is this an appropriate thing to put in this section or not necessary? The question specifically asks about criminal convictions and plea bargains and this being NJP involved neither, so I'm inclined to answer "No," but I don't want to hose myself if it comes up in an interview and they ask why I didn't include it. Likewise, I don't want to hose myself by answering "Yes" to something I didn't need to. Also, speeding tickets: do they go here also?

Thanks!
No. Do not put that down and don't bring it up. Your situation is not what this is for.