View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 06:44 PM
Italianaviator
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: MD CA

Originally Posted by crxpilot View Post
As opposed to being in a base you have to commute to anyways or being at a base you live in and you are tdy'd all the time anyways? For some people it makes sense to take it. They may actually make more money and improve their quality of life because of it.
Those that are single and not committed to a permanent home can save a ton of money, equivalent to giving themselves a hefty raise. If it works for them great, that means less tdy for the rest of us.
Well I'm still being TDY'ed and I didn't bid the HOM base, so how is that helping at all. You're missing the point. It COULD be a good thing, if we had rules in place and management that abides by rules, but based on past performance of this management, we don't have any of that. I'm not willing do anything for this company unless theres a way to protect myself. Bidding HOM base is just asking for misery since there are no rules in place.

Keep telling yourself it could improve quality of life, I disagree, but if you want to bid it and prove me wrong, then i'll change my opinion but as of now I'm completely against it and don't see it being a positive unless some rules are put in place.