View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Tacos
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by missingbite View Post
I think what it says is the same Apple says when you purchase an iPhone every two years. "Our last years phone will work just fine for a couple of more years before we stop supporting it." I know people still using an iPhone 3g. If you bought an iPhone 5s three months ago does apple owe you a 6 or something else free? Of course not....Technology changes fast.

Coradine was not saying you had to upgrade right now. In fact, until people started *****ing about the subscription prices both mac and iOS versions of LTP were free. If you paid for version 6 last year and don't want to pay the subscription until a year or two from now....don't. Version 6 STILL WORKS and it will still sync with your mac. Maybe not in the cloud and that is something that happened because of Apple and the new iCloud Drive. I am running both versions right now with Yosemite. LTP X syncs with iCloud Drive and LTP 6 over wifi. The only argument one might have with Coradine about that is people bought version 6 and were told it supported iCloud. But again, it still will unless you have the NEWEST version of OS X with iCloud Drive turned on. (I could be wrong about that but I don't think so.)

Technology changes very often. LTP X is a more capable program than version 6 was. If it was nothing more than a glorified excel spreadsheet everyone on the planet would make one for nothing. I could be totally wrong but I would be willing to bet Noah and the group at Coradine spend an enormous amount of time working there and like I said before, their customer base is relatively small. In order to run software company you either keep up or die. I for one hope Coradine is around a long time.

Facebiter obviously thinks I am insane and that is fine too. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I simply have the opinion that good software costs money.....or crappy ads.....and I prefer to reward what I consider good companies with my money.
I agree. While it sucks, upgrading and costs are what Apple and their associated products thrive on. Paying software engineers and everyone else at the company requires a lot of cost and there are not millions of buyers. My wife's an NP and her medical apps cost a couple hundred a year. Small price for the convenience. Ntm a tax deductable expense. For $50 per year I will buy the convenience. If it goes up, I probably will not. But that's a decision for another day.