Old 11-09-2014, 08:27 AM
Brew Master
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: MD-11 Galley Biatch

Originally Posted by PurpleTail View Post
Biggest scam ever. Don't think for a second the company is doing you any favors. Management cares about one thing....screwing you out of as much money as possible to put in their pockets! FedEx is making record profits and doesn't want to share a penny of it.

Basically the company is saying you can wh0re yourself out for all the straight hourly pay in the world and they would love to pay it to you so you'll die the day you turn 65 from all the back of the clock shift work you have been flying for the last 25+ years.

"Although we no longer have the highest hourly rate, the entire package of pay remains the best in the industry. The ability to enhance line values, fly carryover when senior enough to hold it, make-up and volunteer without the limitations of a cap and bank, and the ability to sell back vacation put us ahead of other pilot groups."

A very small percentage of pilots (most only the senior pilots) have the ability to use these benefits, majority pilots can not. Fly carryover (straight pay) make-up hours (straight pay) sell back vacation so you can go fly at straight pay!? GO work your arse off, leave your family, do good for the company and the company will give you a nice atta boy.

Management is doing a fantastic job at ruining any and all good will left with the crew force and creating an insurmountable wedge that will not be mended with any amount of money, IMHO. They just keep digging themselves in the ground. The more crap they publish the more resolve I have that MY UNION SPEAKS FOR ME.
Well said

The current state of negotiations, managements intransigent position, and the dismal prospects for this coming peak do nothing but create a divide and will likely tarnish the good image of this company.

This whole process has become a sh!t show