View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 08:07 AM
Hilltopper89
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 737

Originally Posted by pilotgolfer View Post
I was expecting to see another vacancy bid out today. I guess they are still trying to digest the displacement bid that closed this week.
Me too. I have quietly wondered about the 9 monthly rounds of displacement bids announced in July that haven't happened. I think they realized that 9 rounds of displacements would cost the company hundreds of millions of dollars.

I would say this to new hires...nobody can tell you how quickly you can get anything other than EWR. We can tell you how junior or senior bases and seats are but that's about it. I've only been here a year and half and things have changed dramatically even in that short time. Those who went to IAH from training with many promises of becoming a line holder quickly (even possibly right out of training) were not true. There's been 0 movement there in over a year. The same guy has been on the bottom of the 73 there since last November. (A320 is a different story). I use this only as an illustration of how uncertain the uncertainty is.