Old 11-21-2014, 02:05 PM
Nantonaku
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by PCLCREW View Post
100%!

If you really think that Delta is going to hire FOs from a regional airline in any sort of large numbers your out of your mind... And then a 30K retention bonus that takes 3 years to get and after taxes will be torn up.
Nothing like saying I'm an 11 year 9E FO because I got a 30K bonus and an interview at Delta which will be contingent on upgrading ha ha!
We've already been over the tax thing, not sure why people are having such a hard time wrapping their head around it. It is taxed at the same rate as all your earnings. And it isn't 3 years, it is 2 years, missing these small details doesn't make your opinion seem very credible. Where else can a regional FO easily go and make that kind of money over the next two years? You are basically at the top end of the pay scale for regional FO's. Yes, it was money that was stolen from us in court but at least some of it is coming back.

People can rip apart the SSP all they want but ask the 220 pilots at Delta how it worked out for them, what other airline has sent that many pilots to Delta? I'll withhold my judgment on the FO interview plan until the details are announced. I agree, it probably won't be that good of a deal and I can't see it working out for a lot of FO's but you never know. Delta still has the ability to throw more resources at Endeavor and make it a desirable place to work.