Old 11-21-2014, 07:46 PM
CAPTAINPCL
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: MSP CA

Originally Posted by Erdude32 View Post
Wow, where to begin. First off I DO want all Regional Pilots to have a shot at a Major, after they've been in command that is. I don't understand why you think I'm being elitist by wanting the most qualified candidates interviewing for mainline. You do NOT do the same job as an FO, you are delusional if you think you do. Flying the jet is the easiest thing you'll ever do as a Captain. As an FO for all intents and purposes you are along for the ride. The Captain signs for the jet, the buck stops with him in the decision making process. Go, no go, fuel/Mel issues., unruly passengers, medical emergencies, de-icing decisions, setting the tone in the cockpit and CRM not with just the FO who might be 1 day off of OE or a 7 year Gen X'er with an entitlement attitude that you're sitting in his seat., FA's, gate agents and untold other responsibilities that are all on the CAPTAINS shoulders and NOT the FO.

I for one don't want an RJ FO getting hired next year with Zero TPIC and 5 years from now his first command is at mainline in a MD88 in LGA with a newhire FO in a snowstorm with 3-4 Mel's.

No sir, wait your turn. Upgrade and get some REAL experience then get in line for a job. No where'd I say you weren't worthy, I said you're not experienced enough. I'd love to see all the flying brough in house and flown by mainline Pilots who've been properly vetted and qualified. Right now that includes TPIC. Don't like it? Apply elsewhere.
Are you a Captain sir? If so, I hope to God I never have to share a flight deck with you!!!