View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Cubdriver

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: ATP, CFI etc.

LAFF- when was it that Love Boat went off the air again?

Others- I am not yet a CFI, preferring to play one on tv for now; but I agree if someone is pushing 100 hours for the ASEL ppl and clearly can't do basic stuff he or she is a liability to the aviation community and should be counseled to fly gliders, ultralights, and skydiving. He is not going to make the pros, but if interested should approach it from another angle like sport flying.

My drop zone has been slow lately so I used the time to get checked out in a 172 at a local operator. I did several greasers in a row. The man asked me how long until I get my teaching ticket. The man was an old older guy with 7,000 hours of instruction given. He said there are 2 things a CFI needs to do, one is teach people how to fly and the other is keep them from killing him. CFI is a noble profession, every student has your life in his or her hands. His cessnas were immaculate inside and out, I did a double take when I saw our 172M thinking this plane must be an SP.

Anyway, dangerous people do not need to be encouraged to do dangerous activities. If someone displays a serious lack of talent suggesting they are unable to control what they are doing even in basic manuevers, they should be removed from the airplane. I know it is heartbreaking, but it must be done.

Last edited by Cubdriver; 06-10-2007 at 02:14 PM.