View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 05:56 AM
v1 uh-oh
Ready for a nap

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: md11

Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
OK V1, I'll take the first shot.

If they have nothing to hide, why are their calendars blocked?

They don't just "check open time", they have a program they use that does it for them. Everyone should have a fair chance at open time, or do you disagree?

Using a program that not everyone has access to is cheating. The union and the company should shut this down or publish how to use the program so everyone can use it.

I await your response.

Everyone has access to FX CAL and BidX. All you have to do is pay for it. That's what I use and I'm pretty sure that's what they use. If you want to go a step further, there are a number of Add-ons to public browsers that do the exact same thing as FX CAL.

The company's job is to publish open time. The method and how how often you check open time is up to you, FX Cal, BidX, browsers or the phone. But to my knowledge, there is absolutely no way around the 300 open time hits. If you've figured out a way around this restriction, then you are in the wrong. When I hit 300, I go to bed or wait for a text from another pilot who's still checking.

As to why they have their calendars blocked, I can't answer that. It's a personal choice. But, if all my activities were being discussed and criticized over the internet then I would consider it also. The guy who is the best at it, opened his calendar and he got blown up by everyone on this board. I can tell you they're not doing DRF/VOL if that's what you're worried about.

Don't worry, they are doing the same crappy trips as you and I. But, those trips don't get talked about. People only highlight the good trips they get. I've beaten them to the good trips and I've gotten ETS by them. I don't cry and whine about it. I move on and try and find the next trip.

Hope this helps.