Thread: We're Hiring
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Ewfflyer
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's
Default We're Hiring

Based out of PLD(small midwest town) www.miller-aviation.com Send Resume's to the Chief Pilot from there please.

Basically have close to or above the Part 135 IFR mins(1200TT etc.... if you have around 1100+hrs TT you have a good chance).

Also be able/willing to work flights to and from Canada, be willing to live in small-town USA. Be willing to work your butt off, I flew 1300hrs my first 12 months. We fly C-310's, 1 C-404, and 1 C-421. Coming soon a C-441(Conquest II). Everything is Single-Pilot(unless requested by the passengers for two), both Passenger and Freight Operations. We primarily do on-demand freight, with a few nightly check-flights(this is still unscheduled 135).

You will get great experience in all weather, all hours flying. I must warn all possible applicants that Instrument Skills are a MUST!!!!! If you can't fly IFR, forget about it. If you can't Fly IFR single-engine, Forget about it. We are not here to train you to fly instruments, just to learn the plane and our operations. I've seen 4/6 wash out for this reason.

There is a training agreement/contract, I forget what it is. Training pay rate is @ $14k/yr. Once you pass your check-ride, you'll be advanced to $27k/yr. Typically upgrades are patchy, depending on the needs of the company. Please PM me if you have any questions/comments/concerns

Erik