View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 08:30 AM
SaltyDog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Leftof longitudinal

Originally Posted by keiundraj View Post
Ok guys..... You all are saying that because that People just got their CFI license that they're in capable of instructing. I'm not disagreeing that an experienced CFI would be able to teach better. What I'm saying is that because he/she just got the CFI they're doing their student a dis justice.(Gotta start somewhere?) There's CFIs here at ATP that's been here 6months and have probably seen more Students and problems they're having that some CFIs with 2years of exprience. Due to the fact that there's new students starting Every Monday. I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes. I know I'm new on this side of the industry. I just don't get why people are so Hard on ATP here. I was at a Part 141 University before I came here. We'd set in the classroom for 3hrs 5days a week and probably flew 2hrs a week.... For me that type of learning didn't work. I learned here better sit in the classroom for 4hrs Fly for 2hrs. Do and discuss everything you just talked about in the classroom in the airplane! Not sure why there's such a vendetta against ATP their students, grads, and now their Instructors. Now by all means ATP isn't perfect, But it works, and i think that one needs to find out why it works instead of bashing EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!
I didn't bash ATP. Was discussing beyond ATP etc. and the limitations of any program. Have taught/teach/fly Military and Airline, started GA, brother is CFI/II/MEI with all the various backgrounds (ATP's,Comair Training. FBO etc) and who taught for a few years in the GA. We have had numerous discussions. Don't be overly defensive. ATP has strengths, market supports that. It has limitations too. So does my airline and service. Professionally we attempt to address our shortcomings.