View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 12:15 PM
Hot Sauce

Originally Posted by WEACLRS
It is perfectly fine for a green commercial pilot to become the private corporate pilot for a single or even two or three private individuals/corporations (PIC or SIC as long as the insurance company approves and, if the aircraft requires a type rating, the commercial pilot must meet the requirements of the type). That's private carriage. Both POI's said just make sure you have a contract. If however you start letting it be known around the airport that you're available to fly whatever, whenever, or it appears that you are through your flight activity, or you start ending up with a lot of clients, now you are holding out and subject to part 135.
Great discussion guys. Just wanted to get some clarification with WEACLRS' statement.

If I were a commercial pilot, owned a Chieftain, and wanted to engage in private carriage of cargo only with no more than 3 contracts. Is it legal for me to offer the transportation to 3 selected (by me; I'd seek the customers) companies? or would that be considered holding out?

Thanks