View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 09:49 AM
bigmacdaddy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Sorry for my late response to this thread! Thank you for all of your responses and PMs. Have been commuting for quite some time, and have lived in base for a small regional when I was starting out. I would much much rather drive a short distance to start my trips or sit reserve at home...much rather. That being said, I'm trying to focus on options that provide the best schedule and commute both now and long term and that is from BOI. The Majors are an easier read on this, but UPS/FedEx are harder for me to read, mostly because I don't know, but trying to find out more. Now that they are hiring, and I look almost as good as an astronaut :-) Anyhow, I agree commuting on company is much easier, and hopefully the majors continue to upguage their aircraft, although I suspect frequency will diminish as a result. I also agree a two legger commute is pain in the but squared for commuting, much rather a single leg commute. Another question that makes me feel idiotic for not knowing, but...where can I find UPS/FedEx schedule information? Like what FDXLAG indicated about the BOI-MEM? Would be very helpful. Thanks again for all the responses, crucial QOL info!