Thread: Fdx pbs
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 08:51 AM
HIFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 777 Captain in Training

Originally Posted by FDXLAG View Post
And VTOs go more senior than reserve so how bad is it? Imagine how senior they would go if you could actually build your line instead of requesting 40 different options and hoping. I am not trying to get PBS but our bid line adjustments suck. The company has us over a barrel. If we want to improve insufficient reserves or VTOs not being awarded as requested we must negotiate. They want something we want something, see how it works?

BTW the company wanted 100% VTOs. If this thread is to be believed they are down to 40/50% VTOs. My guess is we currently have 15% VTOs. Let's fix scheduling in exchange for another 10% VTOs. Win win
As a vto/reserve holder at the present, I say we would be crazy to increase the VTO lines without CONCRETE rules in place for construction of the lines. Trusting the company to do right by us has left the building. Look I love working for FedEx but the current management team has proven time and time again they will decrease our quality of life to increase their margin. If they really want us to go down this road they system needs to built and tested before we agree on anything. One reason I bid a vto line over rsv is all I can hold is A rsv or vto so might as well get paid more to fly a rsv. Try to move or trade a rday, watch your choices given to more junior guy holding vto, not honoring a simple request of certain days off "1st choice BTW" and still giving you all a rsv days "no holiday involved" are all reasons not to trust them.