View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 06:28 PM
XJPILOT1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: SAABster

Originally Posted by BZNpilot248 View Post
Honestly folks, Whats to blame when a guy flies for a regional that has CRJ 900s, or EMB 170s and the like. It seems rediculous that you ridicule your fellow pilots for taking such a job when it was management put those planes there not the pilots. Does that make them less of a person for taking a job there when economic forces and the powers that be put them there and would anyway? Don't get me wrong I strongly belive these jets should be at mainline as well, and I would like the opportunity for fly for a major as well as better QOL, pay etc. Flying them isn't the problem its choosing a carrier based soley on equipment and not fighting the good fight for fair wages and QOL. Face it - most people go to who offers them the job and if regional X was flying a "replacement jet" but was paying 50 cents an hour more with a barely decent upgrade outlook 90 percent of us would be beating down the door with our apps to get there. The recurring p*ssing match about who works for the best regional and who is the most Righteous and where the most popular place to work gets rather old. Todays best regional will be tomorrows career killer or dead end - you just never know.
Amen brotha!! I'd type that out myself but my hand would cramp. I really was asking about the hot meals 'cause I didn't know if someone was doing it. Hell we can't even make coffee on the SAAB. I really don't want to bash another red tail . This industry "is what it is"! Complain all you want and tommorrow goes on! I just need to pay my bills and enjoy my job while doing so.

MESABA has had 7 years of bad luck. Now we are on a roll. Let us have that...Please!!! I can't fly any farther then 500 miles (that's regional). The new jets will, but so what. I would like to fly them someday like everyone else. ALPA is in the details. Let them work it out, that's what I pay them to do. I'm not gonna run a plane off the runway 'cause I was complaining about management instead of doing my job.

Ouch!!.. my fingers are cramping