View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 11:11 AM
keiundraj
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: E145 Right Side

Originally Posted by Slice View Post
You're right, I thought he was referring to the D-jets. The CJ time isn't really necessary and the high altitude endorsement is about the most useless thing the FAA has on the books. One should be required to go through the chamber to get it. I got to fly a CJ for around a 1.5 when I was a new CPL. While I'll say it was a cool experience, big picture you're not going to get much out of it with such little time and no repeat exposure. Sounds like an expensive gimmick to me. I haven't watched the videos but apparently they led him to believe he'd get a lot of flying in jets, hence the 'hype' comment.

Ahhh I Gotcha. I agree 1.5-2-3Hrs is fun but it's not what it's lived up to be. I mean you do get to log some Turbine time though. The jet ride isn't included in the cost though. I think it's just something ATP does for all of their ACPP students. Although I think I paid for it in the 56K but that's another story. Don't be misleading though Slice, you said they didn't give any jet time but they do, may not be much but we get it. Is it something to base your decision on what flight school to go to is another topic.