View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 11:33 AM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by RedeyeAV8r View Post
My point is Like it or not the 757 is on the NB payrate. That is what this crew force ratified.

My point was that Domestic 727 Pilots (Capts) won't come close to the irs limit of 260K. Assuming the rumors from last nights Hub meeting, the CDG NB757 pilots will make about the same as a domestic WB pilot will make you factor in INTL override, INTL per diem and whatever extra they decide to pay. Will ones buying power be the same in Europe? No way, but your Pensionable Income (and High 5 formula) will be substantially higher as a Euro NB pilot that a Domestic NB pilot. That was my only point.

As for HKG, this is WB pay. They (Capts) will all hit the 260K limit for High 5.
Again will the HKG based pilot have the same buying power? That depends on many factors.
Most of us Jr to Mid WB capts don't come close to that, unless we fly carry over or a little xtra.

Now it remains to be seen who will actually bid CDG or HKG. Will a JR or Mid seniority Widebody CAPT bid it? I don't know.
Will SFS just transfer up? who knows
Will a domestic 727 CAPT or FO BID it? Maybe

Personally I won't because of several factors. Pay is only part of the equation for me, but it isn't the top priority.
And my point is the fact that it is pensionable will impact a very small minority of the guys making the move. And of those, many will hit the $260K limit. If we wanted to make it a better incentive we would find a way to give everyone who makes the move more spending power. Not just the all important senior guys who can afford to do this to boost their high five (so they don't have to dip into their tax and dues free 25K plus interest veba fund).