View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 02:32 PM
fdx727pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: 767 Cap

Originally Posted by kwri10s View Post
While I'm sure there are some "sub" tier captains out there that would love to leave Atlas, Evergreen, Gemini, or other foreign airlines, I think you are over estimating how many would jump at a chance to move to FDX on narrow body pay. Not to mention must live in CDG with no COLA, oh and all those Capts will know that they will be overseas for at least 7 years before they could bid back to the states in a Capt seat. Oh yeah let's add another 5 years of stagnation for the over 60 transition. It would mean a pay cut for many of the 747 captains at those "sub" tier carriers. Maybe HNK for widebody but the cost of living will offset the pay. Don't forget without a LOA the company can't pay them extra. Not a chance a capt from any of the US carriers would leave their jobs to start at the bottom. The majors know they are going to get a 30% pay raise over the next two years as contract become amenable.
I rarely agree with MaydayMark, but are you high? As Mark said, we could fill both bases with newhires and junior guys who would jump at the chance for a left seat, LOA or not.