View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 03:56 PM
skualo3
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2005

HuronPlt,
I hate to break it to you but what you were offered is typical for an entry-level F/o job without previous ex on type.
I would consider more beneficial take that position, build some time on type, when you feel comfortable get rated (use an FAA inspector and it will be free, just ask the company to give you a good rate on the plane), and that will give you time on type, a Type rating, a current 8410, contacts and currency.
I doubt you would be anymore marketable with a type on your license, unless a potential employer needs you to be rated for insurance purposes.
The second year pay goes in the 30k regions, and by then you should be ready to upgrade/move to something bigger.
If you want to go to 121, you might be better off biting the bullet and go into a regional, if you want to stay 91/135 or frac, take that Cessna Job.
You mention a type in the B200, I thought only the 350 required a type, did you mean sim training or was that on a other then FAA license?
International experience is always a plus, as long as it fits with the rest of the resume, Once we got a resume of a guy with 2800TT and 1600 IMC…it shows that you are either not paying attention to your resume or “interpreting” the Far`s to your advantage!
A lot of times management likes to see people applying periodically, it shows that they want to work for that particular company, rather then just looking for any job.
If a pilot walks away, whoever has left their resume in last might get the call!

Good luck!

Sk3

PS We don`t need to pay anymore then you were offered because our insurance covers anybody with a commercial ticket and sim, and with a relatively experience pilot we might spend more time retrain them from bad habits then we would with a 500hrs pilot.