View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 10:31 AM
orvil
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: Decoupled

Originally Posted by LivingTheDream View Post
Orvil,
I'm on Lake Redwine and inherited a Beretta Golden Snipe over/under 20ga that I'd like to learn how to shoot clays with... could you pm/post what the above places are? Thx.
Both are closer to you in Lake Redwine than me in downtown Newnan. It will take you 15 minutes to either one.

Tom Lowe for skeet, trap, 5 stand and lessons. It's the old Olympic venue and open to the public. No membership required.

The other is Foxhall Sporting Club. They have a shooting only membership which is very reasonably priced. Really nice place. I can't believe they let me in. The facilities include wobble stand, two five stands (one covered), sporting clays, skeet and second sporting clay course coming soon, plus hunting. They also offer lessons. They have an unusual course because of the elevation changes. This can make the course more challenging. Most courses tend to be flat.

Big Red Oak is 35 minutes south. They have 5 stand, sporting clays and hunting. Don't know about lessons.

Tom Lowe Shooting Grounds

Home | Foxhall Resort and Sporting Club

Big Red Oak Plantation - Sporting Clays and Hunting

If you need to get your shotgun fitted, try PMS Firearms - Welcome
They travel around the country fitting shotguns. They set up shop by appointment at Big Red Oak in Gay, Georgia. That would be 35 minutes south for you.

Once you see the little orange bird go poof, you will be hooked.