Old 06-22-2007, 06:00 PM
dojetdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: DD->DH->RU/XE soon to be EV

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
The Captain has plenty of influence on where jumpseaters sit...as long as there are open seats.

Every Capt I ever flew with at Delta would always call up the Onboard Leader (#1 FA), and tell her to put the JSer in first class, if there were any open seats. What's the FA going to say to the Capt....no? Not at Delta.
You are right, I SLIGHTLY mis spoke. Thanks for pointing it out. The 4 years on I commuted on UAL, I got it 99% of the time. The 4 months I commuted on DAL (thank you), I got it every time. Have you ever commuted on CAL? it's not the case. The 2 1/2 years I have been commuting on CAL, it only happened once. It's pathetic when the CA asks if I could have a comfy one up front and the lead says no. Obviously CAL, and from what guys are saying about AA, it's not always the case.

However, do you not think it's a little lame that the CA has to ask the Onboard Leader where the if the JS'er can sit? I know, it's nice and all, but come on.

Again, a thank you to you guys at DAL and UAL, but it's not the same everywhere.