View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 09:21 AM
bottoms up
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: non reclining seat

21-P Commuter Policy
When traveling to their assignment, pilots are expected to exercise prudent judgment, including awareness of weather and other factors affecting travel, so as to allow adequate time for completion of all required activities associated with the schedule assignment or reserve duty. Specifically, if commuting by air, a Pilot must have a minimum of a primary and secondary flight (on and/or off-line), both of which are scheduled to arrive prior to report time for the initial schedule assignment or reserve duty. If, for any reason, a Pilot is unable to commute via the primary flight, the Pilot is to inform Crew Scheduling as soon as possible that he is planning to utilize the secondary flight. The contact with Crew Scheduling should be as detailed as possible to ensure they fully understand the situation. If, for any reason, a Pilot is unable to commute via the secondary flight, he must inform Crew Scheduling as soon as possible that he is or may be unable to cover the schedule assignment or reserve duty. In the case of a Reserve, his monthly guarantee shall be reduced by MPG value of the missed reserve day; however, the reserve may, with concurrence of the Chief Pilot Office or FODM, be given an assignment or elect to move an RDO and retain guarantee. In the case of a Lineholder, his Line Pay Value, MPG as necessary, and PTC shall be reduced by the value of any missed assignment.

I wouldn't sweat a call from the flight office. Just point him to this section in contract. Nowhere does it mention a limit for times you can call and say "sorry missed my primary and secondary flight"

And yes I commute and I will give 3 maybe 4 flights if it's a really crummy day, but I'm not hanging out at the airport all day either. Contract says 2 and that's good enough for me