Old 06-24-2007, 06:02 PM
msh168
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by 2Lazy View Post
Coming from a guy who did corporate, regionals and now the majors, I can tell you I was able to keep a great QOL because I only was at regional for 6 months before I realized there was no way I would make it, so I went back to corporate, upgraded quick, and flew 99% day trips and as soon at my PIC turbine time was high enough I started to apply with MAJORS while all of my buddies were still sitting rt seat at the regional. The move worked great for me, my QOL improved when I got to Frontier and after flying corporate I really enjoyed having a schedule again. Just my 2 cents, good luck
That's another reason, in the regionals, the guys that are getting hired today are looking at 6.5+ years to upgrade (do the math). I've been with my company for 1 year, I've got 2 type ratings, and will upgrade in about 6 months to CA. I'm making more than twice as much as a regional FO, and flying ~700hrs/yr. Also, I've been able to take my wife on several trips (on the airplane.) Granted, I'm working my @ss off, but she understands why, and I thoroughly enjoy it.