Thread: Envoy Pipeline
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 05:03 PM
Da40Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013

Originally Posted by tall guy View Post
I would like to be DFW based. I have to instruct for maybe 6-9 months though. I plan on getting some good time flying this summer in the Dallas area. Even though I read alot of negative things about envoy I plan on keeping a positive attitude about everything.
You have a good attitude and seem to see the glass half full, and that's half the battle - but, don't ignore the warnings about Envoy. It is probably one of the worst, if not the worst regional to go start a career with right now - they are losing an immense amount of airframes, the schedules are horrible, the reserve times are huge and there is no upgrade in sight. The only positive thing they got going is their flow to AA, but by the time that materializes, AA will be hiring anyone who is qualified due to the continued expansion of airframes and retirement numbers.

All regionals suck, apparently, but, go with one that you can live with...there are several other regionals with bases in DFW that you should probably check out. That pipeline program is there to lure you with the travel benefits and health insurance but what you get does not make sense compared to what you'll have to deal with later. This is just my opinion based on hanging around these forums hearing horror stories about that place for the past year.