Thread: Envoy Pipeline
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 05:07 PM
N927EV
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Qualified to carry liquids through security.

Originally Posted by Weekendwarrior2 View Post
If you want to be DFW based I'd say its probably a good place to go. They're going to shrink, that's not surprise at this point, a retention plan is in the works, and once the 175s come on property hiring classes will start filling up more. Pick a regional based where you want to live at this point. No point in chasing a quick upgrade when you'll likely be able to move on to bigger and better things 5 or so years down the road.

Also, there's no harm in doing the pipeline thing now, enjoying the travel benefits, and not spending any of the bonus. If a retention plan does actually materialize, it's going to have to be offered in the next few months, so you should have some time to think.

What he said! Plus...

Not having to commute for a regional is a huge QOL improvement. I wouldn't worry about envoy going away and even if it did, you'd be off the hook for the 2 year commitment!
It's no secret that we are shrinking, so take that into consideration. The company (AAG) is not real clear on how many airplanes we'll have when the dust settles. They claim they're not sharing the info because it gives them the advantage when they're negotiating rates on airplanes.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I don't really keep track of threads for very long because they get side tracked so fast.