Thread: Envoy Pipeline
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 05:47 PM
Skyler02
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014

I also agree that you should wait. I know of 2 guys in class at other airlines that have to pay Envoy to get out of their contracts.

The reason Envoy is trying to lock CFI’s into a 2 year contract is because they are having a VERY difficult time recruiting. They are a shrinking company who has treated their pilots extremely poorly and now no one wants to work there. Reserve time is long. Upgrades are non-existent.

You can go ANYWHERE you want to go when you get the mins. Airlines need you desperately. The landscape is changing drastically by the month. 3-6 months from now things will be different. 6-12 months from now it will look very different in the regional industry.

Don’t get locked in. In my opinion, these “pipelines” take advantage of younger people who aren’t as versed on the state of the industry. They don’t realize they will have tons of choices and don’t need to have a “guaranteed” job lined up.

You will have lots of options with a Dallas base. Research them. Maybe Envoy will turn out to be your best option, but probably not.