Thread: Envoy Pipeline
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 09:18 PM
Weekendwarrior2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

For all the **** talking on Envoy, I'd like to say you will work with great people there and great crews while going through a pretty damn good training program. The place is definitely taking its fair share of blows right now, but it isn't going anywhere overnight. I don't see DFW or ORD shutting down in the foreseeable future, and if your main goal is to eventually be at AA a lot of the procedures and op specs are quite similar to whats at AA. Definitely not a reason to go to the place but things in this industry change very quickly, and nothing is set in stone. Best regional out there today may be the worst a year down the road. Pick a place where you can be where you want to be based at this point. I've never worried about not receiving a pay check here and you can get some decent flying on reserve. The place is a little top heavy and a lot of captains have been here for 20+ years..you can learn a lot flying with them. If you plan on coming here and have to commute a good bit then I'd definitely look elsewhere though where you can live in base..at least until things really do take a turn for the better.