Thread: Envoy Pipeline
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 08:25 AM
Buzzlightyear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by Weekendwarrior2 View Post
For all the **** talking on Envoy, I'd like to say you will work with great people there and great crews while going through a pretty damn good training program. The place is definitely taking its fair share of blows right now, but it isn't going anywhere overnight. I don't see DFW or ORD shutting down in the foreseeable future, and if your main goal is to eventually be at AA a lot of the procedures and op specs are quite similar to whats at AA. Definitely not a reason to go to the place but things in this industry change very quickly, and nothing is set in stone. Best regional out there today may be the worst a year down the road. Pick a place where you can be where you want to be based at this point. I've never worried about not receiving a pay check here and you can get some decent flying on reserve. The place is a little top heavy and a lot of captains have been here for 20+ years..you can learn a lot flying with them. If you plan on coming here and have to commute a good bit then I'd definitely look elsewhere though where you can live in base..at least until things really do take a turn for the better.
Envoy management is again threatening our union that they will unilaterally impose new reserve rules if they don't play ball. The company struggles with properly utilizing a reserve system and being efficient with staffing and when they get themselves in a bind they feel their only option is to threaten us. Someone looking for a PhD thesis on employee relations could use AMR/AAG as a basis for one. The last three years when there is an option, they have always chosen the adversarial path. That being said you will find most of your co workers enjoyable to work with.