View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 10:51 AM
Geardownflaps30
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Originally Posted by kfahmi View Post
Utah,

Thank you. To the other posters, I'm not complaining about the amount of hourly pay. We all understood the pay rates before we signed up.

What I just can't understand is why, in the modern age, anyone of us is OK with giving, say, 14 hours of our day and being paid for 4. How is it that we've all agreed that time spent preflighting an aircraft, running pre start checks, checking weather, etc., is all time that should go unpaid?

I suppose the other way to look at it is to ignore the hourly pay and simply look at the monthly guarantee as a monthly salary.

It still boggles my mind, though... In my other life I run a small design studio that does a lot of work for a company that begins with G and ends with oogle. We have a number of designers and writers on our payroll. I've tried to explain the airline pay system to my team and they simply can't believe I'm telling the truth. If anyone in the design industry tried to implement similar pay rules, they'd instantly find themselves bereft of employees...

You keep saying you don't understand but you won't follow the advice given that explains it to you.

Read the books. Stay awake. Then if you want to effect change, work from the inside to begin this change verses just *****ing. It's all explained pretty clearly.