Thread: mid level jobs
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 05:24 AM
VTcharter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Originally Posted by Calpilot View Post
The companies I mentioned are in the New York area. Executive Fliteways is on Long Island (www.fly-efi.com), Jet Aviation is in Teterboro NJ, and TAG is based in White Plains NY.

These are examples of companies outside of the Regionals and Majors. This is a huge sector that is not discussed on this forum.
These may be good places to go, but I would not necesarily consider them mid-level time builders. Most of these places require at least 2000 hours and a fair amount of PIC time. Some really would like to see a type or two. I have a buddy that works for Jet Aviation in Teterboro, and the minimums for the F.O on the 560XL are 5000 hours. A good deal of these companies want to be flying as captain / co-captain configuration because that is what many clients and insurance companies want, and many require the experience to gain the various auditing company rating. (Argus, Wyvern, Etc.) This means well over 1500 hours, ATP and time in type. People leave the airlines for these positions, so I think that as far as requirements go, you can more closely compare them to those at the major airline level. There are obviously exceptions out there, but those are normally filled by word of mouth so you will likely never hear about them unless you know someone, or are in the right place at the right time.

Good luck in your search

VT