View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 07:18 PM
dckozak
done, gone skiing

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Rocking chair
Question Different strokes for different folks

Originally Posted by cargo hopeful
I know that this is a lot to process, but if anyone feels that they have an answer to anyone of my questions then please respond.
thanks
Not to put you the defensive, but do you think four questions (in one thread) is a lot to process??
Anyway, most of your questions have been adequately answered. I would add this. Are you a people person?? Do you relate better to people or things?? The reason I ask is that flying (cargo for sure, passenger ops possibility, depending on the operator) is a solitary lifestyle. Sure there are moments of great social interaction, whether with colleges or "new friends", but much more time is spent alone, in ones own world, than debating or advocating a position or stretching ones mind. That's not to say flying is not cerebral, far from it. You need lots of smarts to get where your at and continue to use them (to maintain proficiency, and deal with the problems of the day). That said, you will find long hours (in long haul intl ops) where you are "in neutral" waiting for the next mental exersize (app and landing).
Something to keep in mind. Law and flying are to vastly different disciplines, consider that as you decide which way to go.