Old 04-05-2015, 11:18 AM
SayAlt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: Downward-Facing Dog Pose

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Many a fool has tried to use such a recording in employment, civil or minor criminal matters only to end up a felon after they turned in the evidence against themselves!
So don't turn it in. Just turn it on when one needs to convince someone else that one has been attacked. As a percentage of incidents, HR matters rarely go to court or involve the police.

If you're going to record people, better know the law. Also it varies by state and possibly municipality...if you're recording somebody over a four-day trip, you almost certainly committed a crime somewhere.
My position is that this isn't a crime unless the recording is used to commit a crime, such as blackmail for example. It certainly isn't a crime when used to protect oneself from predators.

You also violated both an FAR and federal criminal law by using a PED in the cockit (between block in and block out)
Sincerely,
the FAA approved iPad EFB

Rick - please don't take my response here as a refutation of yours. These are just my personal opinions and could be very wrong. I'd like to see the laws re-worded to allow the use of PED's for the purposes we're discussing here.

Btw, one can always claim one was in the process of making a simple voice memo to remind themselves of "xyz" and just happened to catch the assault on tape.