View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 07:07 AM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
The membership of a union/political party is different than a certain leader. I'm unhappy ALPA national supported age 65 retro. the majority of ALPA didn't want to go that direction but the union leadership did. Knowing that I would still be angry if someone blacked out ALPA symbols everywhere. That's offensive.

Yes, corporate democrats fooled their membership (Dr. Gruber stated as much) into supporting a big tax for healthcare. Now most (especially lower income and working) democratic voters are unhappy with it. Politicians are trying desperately to distance themselves from Obamacare because they know they're screwed if they get called out on it in their next election.
Some of us knew at the time what was going on some of us were clueless. Some still are. The facts are we are a union of highly compensated employees trying to get a contract from an extremely profitable business. How that relates to SEIUs struggle to sneak as many undocumented democrats across the border is beyond explanation.

You are free to not support Corker for your reasons and I am free not to support Corker for my reasons. I am ok with that, you are not. Who is being divisive? Who is being intolerant? Hell who is being political?

And yes if SEIU wants me to wear their lanyard they better be doing something for me. An example of Capitalism otherwise know as freedom.