View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 07:33 AM
gzsg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009

Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
If you take my posts as being arrogant or talking down to you, that's on you. I just want to know how you expect to achieve your goals.

So let's look at it this way. Let's say that you want C2K + inflation or no deal. At some point in time, we will probably achieve it but how long are you willing to wait for that? Remember that we get zero pay increases until we negotiate a contract. Zero. And every day that goes by, that requirement to get the inflation override increases. Also, every day that goes by means that you have lost money that you can be using to invest and money that you can use to buy that new car or buy your wife a new sewing machine (JOKE). So you are willing to wait as long as it takes, right? Now, not only have you lost the payrates necessary to achieve C2K + inflation,in the interim time your buying power has been eroded, and your retirement savings have flattened due to lack of increased contributions and the loss of the gains over the increase in those contributions you would have achieved. Your gains will have to increase at a faster rate in order to catch up. Think of it this way: I will take $100,000/year for 10 years over $1,000,000 10 years from now. Maybe you wouldn't because you think you will be able to demand $1,100,000 when the time comes. Even if that is true, I will still kick your ass at that point when we total up the coin purse. I have read enough of your posts on here to know that you aren't really interested in seeing the logic of the argument, and even if you were you wouldn't admit it, and really, that's OK.

All I ask is this: Do the math honestly. Keep the results to yourself if you wish and continue the chest pounding if that makes you feel better, but be true to yourself with the math.

Have a wonderful day.
Not sure where to begin with the inaccuracies in your post. We just got a .55% hourly increase. You say we will get zero. Is that part of the PWA done after one use? How about the part of the PWA about averaging with our peers? UAL and AAL have annual raises.

RA has committed to a contract before the amendable date. Do you doubt him? The old "we will have to wait 39 months to get a deal" threat won't play this time.

Going to war with the pilots is not an option. They can't handle the training now. Wait until 600 captains leave every 12 months.

Aim High!