View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 11:07 AM
captjns
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Deuce130
Why would anyone "want" to fly cargo? I do it b/c I wanted to fly airplanes, joined the AF and did, and then flying cargo is kind of what happened as an end result of wanting to fly period. I'm happy to have my job and I know I'm lucky to have it, but I have to be honest, I didn't wake up in the mornings when I was 20 and think how much I wanted to fly rubber dogsh*t out of Hong Kong. Why is it that you think flying cargo would make you happy? I'm more inclined to go with Foxhunter on this one. Drive over to the TANG and see what they've got going on first... We just had a young lawyer for the Justice Dept join our reserve unit as a pilot. Pretty good deal all around for him.
Lets not forget the best fourth things about flying cargo.

1. Don't have to worry about flight attendants showing up in the hotel lobby when it's time to got the jet
2. No drunken passengers to have thrown off your jet.
3. Generally no flying on weekends.
4. You don't have to go through the terminal with the other creatures of travel.
Oh... did I mention 1 and 2 above?
There is a fifth depending on how altuistic you may be, which can be included to points 1 and 2 as you may deem appropriate. You don't have flight attendants whining to you that they don't have money to eat... would you lend them $ which you won't ever see again.

Oh did I mention points 1, 2 and 4 above

Last edited by captjns; 02-22-2006 at 11:09 AM.